Table of Contents
Finding and Choosing an Addiction Crisis Center for Recovery
Finding a crisis recovery center for yourself or for someone you love can be challenging. You’re scared, you’re feeling worn down, and you don’t know where to turn for help or what to do—we understand! There are a number of addiction and behavioral disorder crisis recovery centers located throughout the United States which will help you regain control of your life. Holistic.org will help you find and choose the best facility for your recovery needs.
For immediate assistance, call our helpline toll free at 800-290-3952. We are available to help you overcome crisis, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—when you’re feeling hurt, all you have to do it pick up the phone and give us a call.
What is Crisis Intervention?
Crisis intervention is the process of assisting those who are suffering from severe physical or emotional distress as a result of an addiction, behavioral or mental health disorder. The methods of medical, psychological and sociological care that are provided to patients during crisis intervention aim at providing the individual with short-term, immediate relief while also arming the patient with the tools necessary to cope with trauma.
During a crisis situation, an individual may lose his or her ability to properly respond to problems. Behavior may seem “off” or out of category and the ability for the individual to cope with life’s everyday dilemmas is hindered. If you or someone you love is experiencing crisis related to addiction or a behavioral or mental health disorder, call 800-290-3952 for help.
Addiction Crisis Intervention Procedures
Crisis intervention and subsequent recovery can take place in a number of ways. Most often, crisis intervention services are used to assist the patient in stabilizing following trauma or behavioral distress so that he or she can prepare for long-term counseling and follow-up care. The procedures for crisis intervention may include:
- Early education and information. The patient is informed of the importance of confronting their crisis and facing the challenges ahead. Support is provided to ensure, and help remind, the individual that he or she can overcome an incident of crisis and that there is hope for a normal life.
- Observation and foundation building. The patient is observed by a medical or behavioral care team who will assess their ability to focus on recovery and healing while providing a supportive foundation upon which lifestyle change can be made. During this time support and comfort are provided to the patient to ensure that they remain positive and do not slip back into their previous state of mind in which further crisis may ensue.
- Breaking the cycle. Crisis intervention is all about breaking the cycle of crisis by fighting the activities, behaviors and similar patterns that lead to the addiction and to the subsequent crisis. Breaking harmful cycles of substance abuse and patterns of behavioral disruption can help to restore balance.
Finding a Crisis Intervention & Recovery Center
When looking for a crisis center that will help you or your loved one get well, consider choosing a facility that will provide you with support, behavioral therapy, and medical care. Most crisis recovery centers provide treatment for dual diagnosis and can offer support for both mental illness and substance use disorders. Pay close attention to the services offered by the center and contact a qualified addiction crisis recovery center that is properly prepared to help you or your loved one deal with the crisis in a safe and effective manner.
When an addict is facing serious repercussions as a result of their drug or alcohol abuse, behavior can become more erratic than it already was. Legal problems, relationship problems, health problems and financial distress can all add to the burden and create an unstable mind set for the addict. It’s important to choose a crisis recovery center that includes professional treatment for treatment specialists with the following expertise:
- Training in crisis intervention.
- Around-the-clock availability so you are sure to get the help you need, when you need it.
- Flexible appointment times and scheduling to allow for convenience and accessible treatment.
- Experience with both mental and physical health disorders as well as with substance use disorders.
- Working knowledge of medications, drug interactions and the potential side effects associated with a wide range of substances.
- Licensing in behavioral health care, social care, or medical care.
Services Offered by Crisis Recovery Centers
Each crisis recovery center will provide an array of support and treatment services that are aimed at restoring balance and self-sufficiency to the patient following trauma. It’s important to choose a recovery center that offers services that are most suitable to your individual needs. For help choosing the best crisis recovery center, call 800-290-3952 for assistance.
Some of the services you can expect in a crisis intervention and recovery center include:
- Substance abuse assessment.
- Mental and physical health assessment.
- Short-term treatment services.
- Substance abuse testing services to assist in the prevention of relapse while waiting for admission to a long-term treatment facility.
- Detox services including medication, monitoring and support.
- Mental health treatment services including medications for the treatment of depression, anxiety or other health disorder.
- Substance abuse treatment services including educational programs, behavioral therapy programs and medical treatment.
Get Help Today
If you or someone you love needs help, call our helpline toll free at 800-290-3952. We will help you find and choose the best addiction crisis intervention center for your needs. Don’t be afraid, call for help today.